1. About Visa
Every person entering Malaysia must possess a valid Passport or internationally recognized Travel Document valid. The document shall be valid, for more than six (6) months from the date of entry into Malaysia.
2. Who require visa
VISA REQUIREMENTS BY COUNTRY
Commonwealth countries that require visa
Visa Requirements for other countries
|Afghanistan (Visa with reference)||Equat. Guinea*||Myanmar|
|Burundi*||Hong Kong (C.I/D.I)||Serbia Montenegro|
|Central African Republic*||India||Sri Lanka|
|China||Israel**||United Nation (Laissez Passer)|
|Colombia*||Ivory Coast (Cote d’ivoire)*||Western Sahara*|
- For the countries marked as ( * ) are allowed to enter Malaysia by air only.
- Israel citizen** who wish to enter are required Visa and approval from Ministry Of Home Affairs, Malaysia.
- Visa is not required for a stay of less than one (1) month for ASEAN nationals except Myanmar. Visas are required for duration of stay exceeds (1) month except for Brunei and Singapore nationals.
Yellow Fever certificate is required to be produced upon landing in Malaysia for countries as listed below:
|Burkina Faso||Guinea-Bissau||St Kitts & Nevis|
|Central African Republic||Niger||Togo|
|Eritrea||Sao Tome & Principe|
The above nationals are required to apply for visa to enter Malaysia. A visa is an endorsement in a passport or other recognized travel document indicating that the holder has applied for permission to enter Malaysia and that permission has been granted. Visa which has been granted is not absolute guarantee that the holder will be allowed to enter Malaysia. The final decision lies with the Immigration Officer at the entry point.
More details about the countries which required visa to enter Malaysia can be found from the link below:
3. Visa Application Requirements
Two copies of visa forms to be filled and signed;
- A valid travelling document with at least 6 month validity;
- No Objection Letter from Company/Sponsors (for individuals/family members);
- A Copy of Labor Contract or Salary Certificate (AED 4000) of applicants/sponsors for spouse/children of sponsors;
- Two passport size photographs;
- Confirmed hotel booking;
- Confirmed return ticket;
- For Business visa, an invitation letter is required. For multiple entry business visa, an interview would be conducted;
- Photocopy of passport; and
- This constitutes minimum requirements – additional documents may be asked.
Under normal circumstances, it will take two working days to process the application.
4. Visa Fees
(Single entry is AED 50 & multiple entry is AED 150)
(Single entry is AED 35 & multiple entry is AED 105)
Visa Fee According To The Country
|NO||Countries||Single/Multiple Entry Visa (RM)||Transit Visa (RM)|
|9||Republic of China||30||30|
|11||Czech & Slovak||19.3||8.2|
|36||United States of America||6||20|
|Countries which are not listed are to pay RM 20.00|
Submission hours: 8:00am to 11:00am (Sun. to Thu.)
Collection hours: 1:30pm to 2:30pm (Sun. to Thu.)
Visa application form can be downloaded from :
5. Visa on Arrival (VOA)
How to Apply:
- 1 set of form IM. 47 – Pin. 1/97
- Confirmed return ticket
- To provide address in Malaysia
VOA Is Issued At The Following Entry Checkpoints:
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA), Sepang
- Penang International Airport, Penang
- Senai International Airport, Johor
- Kuching International Airport, Sarawak
- Kota Kinabalu International Airport, Sabah
- Kompleks Sultan Abu Bakar (Second Link), Tanjung Kupang, Johor
- Bangunan Sultan Iskandar, Bukit Chagar, Johor Bahru, Johor
Duration Of Stay :
Who Is Not Eligible for VOA
1. Citizens of African countries as follows :
- Burkina Faso
- Central African Republic
- Cote d’Ivoire
- Republic Congo
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Equatorial Guinea
- Guinea – Bissau
2. Citizens of Afghanistan**
3. Citizens of Colombia
4. Citizens of India**
5. Citizens of Israel
6. Citizens of Pakistan**
7. Citizens of Republic of Montenegro
8. Citizens of Republic of Serbia
9. Citizens of Sri Lanka**
**VOA issuance can be considered to citizens of India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka, if they hold valid permanent residence, expatriate pass, dependant pass, student pass and long term visit pass from other countries.
VOA issuance also can be considered to citizens of Afghanistan, if they hold diplomatic or official passport.
6. Types of Visa
The Malaysian Government issues Three (3) types of visas to foreign nationals:
1. Single Entry Visa
This is issued to foreign nationals who require a visa to enter Malaysia mainly for a social visit. It is normally valid for a single entry and for a period of three (3) months from the date of issue.
2. Multiple Entry Visa
This is issued to foreign nationals who require a visa to enter Malaysia mainly for business or government-to-government matters. It is normally valid for a period within three (3) months to twelve (12) months from the date of issue.Citizens of India and the People’s Republic of China who wish to enter Malaysia for the purpose of a Social Visit are eligible to apply for the Multiple Entry Visa.The validity of the Multiple Entry Visa is one (1) year. Each entry is for 30 days only and the extension of stay is not allowed.
Conditions for the Multiple Entry Visa are:
The applicant must show proof of sufficient funds for staying in Malaysia
The applicant must possess a valid and confirmed return ticket
Tour groups are not eligible to apply for Multiple Entry Visa.
The Multiple Entry Visa costs RM100.00 for Indian Citizens and RM30.00 for citizens of the People’s Republic of China.
3. Transit Visa
This is issued to foreign nationals who require a visa to enter Malaysia on transit to other countries. Foreign nationals on transit without leaving the airport premises and who continue their journey to the next destination with the same flight do not require a transit visa.
7. Short Term Social Visit Pass
The Short term social visit pass is given to foreign visitors upon arrival for the following purposes:
- Social visit
- Visiting relatives
- Journalism / Reporting
- Meeting / Conference
- Business Discussion
- Factory Inspection
- Auditing Company Accounts
- Signing Agreement
- Carrying out a survey on investment opportunities/setting up factory
- Attending Seminars
- Students on goodwill missions or taking examinations at a university
- Taking part in sports competitions
- Other activities approved by the Director General of Immigration.
Extension of Social Visit Pass:
An Extension may be given on Special consideration e.g. due to illness, accident, war in home country etc. The visitor must furnish evidence, and also present a confirmed return ticket to their home country or third country.
- Applicants must appear in person together with passport
- Form IMM.55
- Supporting documents (if relevant)
- Confirmed ticket to home country or in possession of a visa and ticket to a third country